Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dia numero uno

So the title is supposed to say day number one but my Spanish is faulty so who knows what it says.

Day one in Denver and so far so wonderful. It started off a little rocky I guess because saying bye to my parents this time around was so difficult. I cried once I got through security and I was pretty upset for a while.

I'm not sure why it hit me so hard this time. I'm really used to being away from home after living at college for four years and not visiting often, but for some reason this felt a lot more permanent and I missed them immediately. I'll call them tomorrow though and think that will make things better.

I'm so excited about my living situation, I'm staying between two homes, my host mother from when I traveled and my host grandparents. Being able to live with people I know for these two months and two weeks is so helpful for me because I feel like I'm at my home away from home. It really makes adjusting to life on the road again much easier.

I start back in UWP life tomorrow. I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, but I'm sure I'll be filled in as soon as I get there. Seeing Marloes, who I traveled with, at the airport today was so nice and it felt like barely any time had passed at all. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the office staff tomorrow and hanging out with some of my favorite people.

Denver is just as beautiful as I remembered it. I'm so happy to be back and to be able to breathe in the air and spend time in the presence of mountains.

Life is good right now, actually life is wonderful and I have absolutely no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment