Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19

Something really big happened today. My childhood best friend got married. It was a crazy day and she looked so beautiful, so absolutely beautiful. I pulled a 27 dresses and looked at her groom when she walked down the aisle instead of her and he was so happy....so unbelievably happy.

I could tell by his face that he was more than ready to make her his wife. I was so glad to be there and to be able to celebrate such a special day with both of them.

After the wedding, once I got home I watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and, sorry for those who haven't watched it yet, Lexie dies and Mark has to say bye to her.

Now when I was watching this I couldn't help but cry because the character Mark loved Lexie but didn't tell her until it was too late. It just reminded me that life is so short and you have to jump on it and do and say what you feel.

I used to think that my friend was too young to get married. That she needed to wait until she had grown up and explored the world, but then I realized love is the greatest thing that anyone can ever experience. If you've found the one you love, why not settle down with them and start a life together.

The world isn't going anywhere but they might. If you love someone tell them, because who knows what tomorrow holds and soon it could be too late.

Live your life to the fullest that you can live it. Don't be afraid of getting hurt. Don't hold grudges, don't take the anger you feel towards one person out on others. Say sorry when you do something wrong, keep in touch with friends and don't let moments pass you by.

I believe that God has so many beautiful things for me to see in this world and that it's not his will at all for me to die young. But I also believe that God wants me to use my time on this earth wisely and to leave it a better place when I die.

The point of this long post is to say that you're never too young to love, to lose, to win, to travel....take advantage of whatever life gives you. Make your life a life that's worth writing down and talking about.

 I don't know about you but at my funeral I hope that all the people who know me aren't crying because they're sad, but instead they're crying because they're so proud of me for always living my life to it's fullest potential.

This is your life, are who you ought to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment