Thursday, May 17, 2012

What happens to the dream?

I saw this quotation on Tumblr a few minutes ago and it made me stop and think, hopefully it does the same for you.

"When the dreamer dies, what happens to the dream?"

It's not really that crazy of a question. We're all filled with them and I don't mean those silly dreams we have at night, I mean those real dreams. The ones that keep you up at night and make you fill a journal with plans and maps and goals.

The Martin Luther King Jr. kind of dreams, the ones that are destined to change the world and make it a better place.

Martin Luther King Jr. lived long enough for his dreams to become a reality, but what about the people who die    too young. What happened to Trayvon Martin's dreams? Did they float up to heaven? Did the Lord take them back into his chest to be placed into the life of a future soul?

Nine words. It's very rare that a nine word sentence has me thinking so hard.

I have so many dreams, there are so many things that I want to do before I die. I guess that quotation is just a reminder that life is short and you shouldn't wait till tomorrow to do what burns your soul today.

So what makes your insides burn? What makes you tick? Whatever it is, start doing it today because tomorrow isn't promised and who knows where your dreams will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment