Friday, May 4, 2012

Dreams

There is a wonderful professor at my college, his name is Micah Sadigh and he enlightened me this week. He taught a midnight seminar about dreams. I learned a lot from the session and there were some things that he said that very heavily matched up to reoccurring dreams that I have.

 One thing that Micah told us was that, universally, when you have dreams about a house, that house is a representation of you. When Micah said that I got chills through out my whole body because whenever I have dreams that are unpleasant they're dreams about me being stuck inside of a house. Now, if a house is symbolic of myself, then that would mean that subconsciously I feel like I am stuck inside of myself.

 Now once you are hit with a certain level of awareness of the way you feel it's much easier, at least I think, to start dealing with the issue. Ok so I subconsciously feel as if I am stuck inside of myself, ok why do I feel that way? What parts of my life make me feel trapped? Now I'm not saying I necessarily have the answers to these questions yet, but I feel sort of accomplished to at least have questions. With the questions it helps me to feel as if I'm closer to the answers, which doesn't really make sense I guess, but it gives me peace of mind.

 Another thing that I learned during the midnight dream lecture was the origin behind the term "nightmares." It was really cool to know why they're called that and also it helped me to realize that there are no such things as bad dreams, but instead there are things called anxiety dreams. Just because a dreams gives you anxiety it doesn't mean that it's meant to scare you, it just means that you need to figure out the meaning behind it soon, so you can stop having it.

 Micah told us that reoccurring dreams are your minds way of telling you that you haven't quite grasped what the dreams is trying to tell you. Once you understand a dream that is reoccurring it will stop showing up. I'm really glad that I ended up going to this lecture because it set me on the path of not fearing the things that I dream and instead searching for the meaning behind and answers to my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment