Friday, May 14, 2010

Lets replay the melody

Music. Music. Music.

I can't get over the way that music makes me feel. I listen to it all day, every single day. The same playlists, over, and over again. But here's the thing, I never get tired of it. I can be having the worst day, until I press play.....then all of my cares fly away.

I can be in one of those moods where I feel like no one understand what I'm going through, but then I press play, and I realize someone out there gets it. Music and i are having this secret love affair that's going to leave me heart broken because I'll never get enough.

Every time I sit down to do anything on Sir Lancelot, the music must come on. Even if I'm just checking my email. Usually my music makes me cry. It could be the happiest song, but yet it'll pull at some cord in my heart that just makes the tears flow.

There are certain songs that no matter when I listen to them, something inside of me just breaks. One of those songs for some reason is "Brick by Boring Brick" by the band Paramore. There's a line in that song that says "you built up a world of magic because your real life is tragic," for some reason that always makes me want to cry. Don't ask me why, I don't think my life is tragic, or maybe subconsciously I think that some parts of my existence are indeed tragic. I don't know.

Then there are those love songs, that make me feel like my heart has been broken or something. You hear the singers raspy voice rushing over soft chords of a acoustic guitar and I automatically feel like I can relate.

I just love the way that stuff makes me feel. It makes all my troubles go away, I can't thank the Lord enough for the impact he has allowed music to have on my life.

Music. Music. Music. Over and Out.Nik.

No comments:

Post a Comment