Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Body Art...

I've made up my mind that I'm going to get a tattoo this summer. When it comes to tattoos I always told myself that once I get an idea of what I want, I'll sit on it for at least a year, and after that if I still want it, then i'll get it.

Well this tattoo that I've wanted, is really not just an ordinary tattoo. It will probably end up being the most precious one that I have, because it's in memory of my nephew Damien Maurice that passed away.

My nephew was born 5 months early, so when my sister delivered him, he was dead. He was so tiny he could almost fit in your hand and his skin was close to being transparent. When Damien passed away I cried for months, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through.

It was so hard to get over, I love all of my nephews so much and to know that one of them came so close to being in this world, it would just tear me apart. Ever since that day I've wanted the initials DF on my right foot, though they stand for Damien Fowler, they are also the initials of my nephews Devin and Dominic. So in a way it's a tribute to all of my sisters kids that I love so very dearly.

That's just one of the tattoos that I hope to get in the future, but it will definitely be one of the ones that means the most.

R.I.P. Damien Maurice Fowler. Out of sight but not out of mind.

Over and Out. Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment