Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh golly gee, that just happened.

So I've been thinking a lot about past relationships lately and about, I guess, when things went sour. It's so funny when you look back on certain situations and you try to pinpoint exactly what went wrong and when it started to go wrong.

The funniest part is that in retrospect you can see a slight decline and there is a clear view of when everything started to go wrong. But when you're in that said relationship it's like things are good and then they're just not. I find that many relationships in my life are like that, whether they be romantic, platonic or family relationships.

Things are good until they're not and I feel like I'm always left looking back thinking "Wow, that just happened," in disbelief of how something went so south so fast.

Luckily I've been doing really well at maintaining healthy relationships with my family, friends and other people. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of work to do, but I think that I'm learning how to feel out situations and how to be more understanding and considerate about other people's feelings.

I'm working on having relationships that are good. That's it, well actually great, but I don't want it to be great one minute and then in the side of a mountain burning the next.

I think by consciously working on myself and making sure that I'm a better person and the kind of friend that I would want to have as well as the kind of sibling and daughter, that consequently my relationships are getting better. It's a cycle actually and I'm very glad to say that it's not a vicious one.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment