Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day.

What a wonderful day to celebrate the men that shape a females life and the way she enters and behaves in relationships, Fathers.

I'm so blessed to have a truly, amazing father and now that I've grown to value his opinion and to actually listen to it, my dad has become a friend of mine as well.

My dad and I weren't really that close growing up and I don't know if that was mostly my fault or not but it is what it is. Now though, that I've grown up a lot, I've learned to really cherish him as not only my father but as a person as well.

I love spending time with my dad and just sitting and watching movies with him or going out to eat with him and my mom. They're just such simple people it doesn't take much to make them happy and they just love spending time with us they don't really care what we do.

I remember when I used to work nights I came home one night at about 2am and my dad was sitting on the couch watching TV. When I asked him what he was doing up he said that he was just waiting for me to come home and then he went to sleep. It meant so much to me that he had stayed up for me and it's funny cause you always know that your parents love you, but when they do things like that it really reaffirms it for you.

I always tell people that I want to marry someone who is like my father and sometimes they think it's weird but I don't really care. Growing up my dad did anything he could to make sure that his family was not only well taken care of but that we were happy as well.

My dad worked a lot but he was always home for dinner and he was always home on the weekends. Though he may have missed a few dance recitals my dad always made sure that my siblings and I knew that he loves us even if he didn't come out and say the words directly.

Growing up my father showed me by example how a man should treat his wife and his family. My father never disrespected my mother and he did and still does love her so much and he is very vocal about his love for her. I remember my dad used to and still does randomly bring my mother home flowers or cards, just because, just to remind her how much he loves her and I always thought that was so nice when I was little.

I'm so blessed and thankful for my parents and I know that I wouldn't be the person that I am right now without them.

Most importantly I want to say a happy fathers day to our heavenly father for always watching over me and my entire group of family and friends. Lord you're so good to me and I don't even deserve your love and kindness.

Even though I didn't get to spend this fathers day with my dad, it's still a wonderful day and I'm beyond happy.

Later skaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment