Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flight risk.

When I'm being completely honest with myself, not holding back at all, I know that when it comes to relationships I'm a flight risk.

As much as I like you, I'm going to subconsciously look for a way out, and now that that's something that I know about myself I try really hard to work on it.

I'm always looking for an excuse. He's too nice, he's too short, his sense of humor doesn't match mine, he can't deal with my brothers..etc. I have a book of excuses in my brain that I can no problem reference often.

But one thing that I have learned about myself this last year is that sometimes it's a good idea to walk away from something, no matter what other people say. They can tell you that you're just making excuses or you're just scared but ultimately it's your decision.

If your potential or actual significant other says something to you, no matter how small it may be, that hits you in that sore spot in your heart and you bring it to their attention and they don't acknowledge the pain it caused you, then it's ok to walk away.

No one should ever treat you worse than or respect you less than you respect yourself. Love God and yourself first, don't ever put a boyfriend or a girlfriend or whatever before you.

If someone doesn't treat you right, walk away. Point. Blank. Period.

Life is too short for you to surround yourself with people who don't make your life better in anyway. Please just be happy. Love with all you, make mistakes and always learn from them. Always pick up the pieces to your life, no matter what happens, even if you're picking up the pieces alone.

Marry someone who loves God more than they love you, because they'll never leave you and as long as you continuously seek Gods face you'll always know where their heart is.

The point of this whole post is, just be happy and if someone makes you unhappy don't be around them, no excuses, no trying to be a nice person, just let them out of your life and find people that make you happy.

Later folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment