Monday, July 30, 2012

If only you could live....

I like to think that I live everyday as if it's my last, but today I was kind of grounded in the way that I was reminded that, that's not really true at all.

If today was my last Monday on earth what would I do? Who would I talk to on the phone, how would I spend my time? It's hard to even imagine that today is my last Monday on earth, because in my heart I know that it's not, but for sake of the post, I'll entertain the idea.

If today was my last Monday on earth, I'd do a dance in the street that spelled out Monday, I'd wake up to the sunrise and make sure to see the sunset. I'd call my parents and tell them that when I was ten I took twenty dollars out of my dads wallet and spent it on candy, I'd apologize and put twenty dollars in the mail.

If today was my last Monday on earth, I'd be kinder. I'd hold my tongue and be less inclined to hurt the feelings of others with my words. If today was my last day, I'd work harder to encourage the people around me to reach for the excellence that they're destined to achieve. If it was my last day I'd thank the Lord for twenty two beautiful years on the earth, 22 years filled with endless happiness.

If it was my last Monday, I'd get in touch with all the guys that crossed my path and I'd apologize for the way I treated them, apologize for the scars I may have left. If it was my last Monday I'd kick myself for not reaching for more, but then pat myself on the back for the amount of things I was able to achieve in such a short time.

I'd force myself to spend the last week being passionate, kind and loving. I'd give all of myself to the people around me and I would leave them with the knowledge that they meant the world to me and the time I had with them was greatly appreciated.

If it was my last Monday I'd say I love you more often and never utter the phrase I hate you ever again. I'd make a video and send it to my niece and nephews so that they'd never forget their crazy aunt Nikki, the one that's main goal in life was to change the world, one person at a time.

I would throw fears to the wind and I'd call him and fall in love. If it was my last Monday I'd do so much. The thing is, this isn't my last Monday and I'm so blessed to know that I have a life full of Mondays to live. So what now?

I guess it's time to start living....

No comments:

Post a Comment