Sunday, July 29, 2012

Things I wish I never knew...

That the tooth fairy wasn't real. When I was little I always put my teeth under my pillow and waited for the tooth fairy to come get them. When I found out that it was my parents, sometimes my siblings, that left me money it was a pretty sad day. I didn't believe in Santa Claus growing up, so the tooth fairy was my thing, it was nice having it.

I wish I never knew that not all friendships last forever. I think that before someone really burns you, you have the wonderful ability to throw yourself into these friendships with people, with these people that you want in your life forever if possible. Sometimes forever isn't possible and not all friendships last and that's ok, but life was easier when every kid you met on the play ground was your best friend and pinky promises were law.

I wish I never knew that hearts could break. That sometimes the people who claim to love you the most can be the ones that hurt you the most. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if everyone forgot the pain of their heartbreaks. Would it just be a world full of a continuous cycle of pain? Or would it be easier for people to love again because they didn't hold the pain of past relationships against their future? I'm not sure...

I wish that social media didn't have such a strong hold on my generation. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I can keep in touch with my friends and family through the internet and see them no matter where they are with skype and other things. But what I wish was more prevalent in my generation is letter writing and phone calls and trains rides, everyone is so quick to just post on a persons wall or text them or hop on a plane. I want to sit on the phone for hours catching up with the ones I love, wait for letters from people who mean the most to me and hop on a train or drive a car hours to get to where I need to go.

I'm sure there are other things that I wish I never knew but I can't really think of them. I think it's a really strong amount of responsibility one has to take on for their life once they either hear or learn about something that they would rather not know. You can either let that new information hold you back from believing in the unreal, having great friendships, falling in love and writing letters or you can push past the current and make a new future for yourself.

I believe that we all have a large amount of control in our lives and the way that we turn out, and I plan to make sure that my life turns out great, no matter what. Don't let what you know hold you back, instead let it propel you.

Enjoy your Sunday friends. XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment