Friday, July 13, 2012

Aye, yo therapy.

Everyone needs that one thing that no matter where or when they do it, it has the power to make them feel better. I feel like I'm lucky enough to have so many of those things in my life, dance, music, writing and other things.

Though I don't get to run often, when I do, I literally forget about everything that is going on and just focus on breathing and not stopping. It's such an exhilarating feeling to not think about anything but how to keep going, it's makes me feel so alive and it keeps me fit which is a plus.

Writing, I love to journal and Blog. Even though I was a communication major in college and it's easy for me to express ideas and concepts I have a very hard time with putting my feelings into words. Writing and journalling really helps me to do that.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, the realization that it's very difficult for me to put my genuine feelings about others and even myself into verbal conversation. It's very easy for me to cover up how I feel about things and people by just being sarcastic and it hurts me sometimes that I can't easily express how much I care about people. I feel like most people who know me, really know how I feel about them but it's nice to hear it, and I wish I could do that for them.

Other things that are forms of therapy for me....I've been dancing a lot lately and I've found that it's really difficult to be sad or even down about things when you get to do something that you love on a daily basis. I literally get to dance at least three times a week, and it's just unbelievable. I'm so glad that I was given the opportunities that I have and that I've been able to really flourish and grow here.

I've been learning a lot about myself this week and it's been interesting and eye opening. I've been able to be brutally honest with myself about things and that has forced me to begin the process of growing as a person. Also I was really honest and open with people about who I am and they way that I feel about things and it just caught me off guard because I didn't expect it to happen and also I didn't expect to be received as well as I was by them.

I'm head over heels in love with the way that things are going in my life right now I'm so thankful, I know that things will only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment