Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Is love enough...

People always kind of have a mini heart attack when I say that I don't believe that love is ever enough in a relationship. In any kind of relationship, your relationship with your parents, a family member, a significant other and even with God, love isn't enough.

When I think of love, in it's purest and most perfect form, God's love, even that isn't enough. (hear me out) If God just loved us and never sent his son to die for our sins, his love wouldn't be anything but just a nice gesture because we would all still be lost.

If our parents loved us but never fed us or did anything to make sure that we had a healthy and safe life, than their love wouldn't be enough.

You can't just love someone. Your love has to prompt you to do things for that person that maintains their happiness, health and safety.

That's why I believe many relationships fail even though both parties really love each other, because they realize that love is not enough. There are so many factors in a relationship that keep it healthy and on the road to success, yes love is a big part of it, but it's not the only part.

My mom, one of the greatest women in the world, has always done so much for me. The reason why is because she loves me, she loves me so much that her and my dad want me to have the best and most fulfilling life possible. They love my siblings and I so much that they work hard to make sure that we have food and shelter and that we're safe and never have to want for anything. They more than love us, they take care of us.

I hope I'm making sense. I was just thinking about this today and I think that more relationships would be successful if people more than loved each other. I feel like there is some kind of logic behind my craziness, I don't know, I can't really explain it as well as I want too, but it makes sense to me. I'll try better again sometime.

Goodnight Folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment