Saturday, July 7, 2012

Your umbrella...

There's something about a storm in the middle of the day to remind you that it's never too late to wipe your slate clean and start all over. It's raining right now. Rain used to make me sad, forever and a day ago, it would start to rain and I would feel depressed. Now rain makes me feel alive. 
 
Last night I got home and it was pouring so hard, I got out of the car and for a few seconds I just stood in the rain. Water falling from the heavens all over me. It's so beautiful, so simplistic and almost unreal. Water falling in droplets from the sky, washing away the dirt, putting out fires, cleansing your soul, if you let it. 

The other day I saw this quotation about rain and it made think of a person that I used to be, it said " I'm sorry that I was both your umbrella and the rain." 

Have you ever known someone that liked you so much that you could immediately make their day better as well as make it worse depending on how you spoke to them. That quotation made me think of a situation like that, it didn't make me feel bad, but it was just so perfect in the way that it summed up that part of my life and how I handled it, whether it was good or bad. 

I think that once your mindset changes about certain things in life, you learn to look at rain differently. I was the negative rain in that person's life at the time because he let me be. People only have as much power as you allow them to have, after that thing was over I changed because other people I knew would not allow me to be that rain. 

I think it's ok at times to let someone else be your umbrella if they want too, let them take the brunt of the storm until your strong enough to deal with it yourself. I do not, think that it's ok to let someone be the unpleasant rain in your life, they shouldn't bring you down, instead they should always be lifting you up. 

Like all my posts, this blog ended up being about more things than I intended it to be about, but that's fine. My main point was and still is that rain is beautiful and shouldn't be thought of as something that's depressing or that ruins your day, but instead as something that waters the land and makes the earth and those that inhabit it feel alive. 

Enjoy your rainy day if you're blessed to have one folks. Laterrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment