Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My mistakes always seem to catch up to me
Sometimes in the middle of the night
Interrupting my peaceful dreams

My mistakes call me up
Sometimes in the afternoon
A ghost from my past checking in

My mistakes catch me off guard
They show up when I least expect them
Dismantling relationships that I thought were strong

My mistakes live in my room
Crawling all over pictures and doorknobs
Reminding me of all the choices I've made

My mistakes don't have faces
But their voices echo in my head
Tell me I should be broken and filled with regret

I am not a result of my mistakes
But I am a result of what I've learned from them
How they've made me change

I do not see my mistakes in my reflection
Instead I see my accomplishments
And not one glimpse of who I used to be

My mistakes try to haunt me but I haunt them instead
Showing them that they haven't crushed me
Nor do they affect me

I am a result of every lesson ever taught to me
And every person I've ever met
I'm a collection of good intentions
Stitched together with failed attempts

My mistakes always seem to catch up to me
Just long enough for me to be reminded of them
And how powerless they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment