Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crazy thing called life...

I was just reading over a lot of my old blog posts and it's interesting to see how my focus in life has changed and just how much I've matured in general. One post that I read was really ironic because it said that I was sitting in my friends room listening to John Mayer and that's exactly what I'm doing right now, in the same friends room.

I've grown up so much. Sometimes life reminds me that I'm now 22 years old and I'm not getting any younger. Believe it or not. I'm proud of the person that I'm turning into. I'm not as insecure as I used to be and I've learned how to walk away from things without feeling like I'm losing a part of myself.

I used to have such a hard time letting people go, I couldn't even stand to be away from people who were hurting me. I just had to have people around, I couldn't be alone. Now I've learned that people who love you don't hurt you and if people hurt you then they don't love you. I've learned that the people who are meant to be there will and the people who aren't will eventually fade away.

I've gone from being perpetually annoyed by my parents to realizing that they're advice is so valuable. I've learned that yes my family will always be there for me but it's time for me to start being there for them too. I will say that I haven't exactly mastered this yet but I'm definitely working on it.

I've learned that people will let you down in life but you have to learn how to forgive them so that when you let someone down they'll forgive you. I've learned that i'm not perfect and I never will be and for the first time in my life I'm ok with that.

I've learned that moving away is not only hard for the people that are left behind but also for the person who leaves. Lately, I've been the person that leaves and it never gets easier.

Life goes on and things get easier and you learn how to handle situations. I've learned how to distinguish between words that I should take as a grain of salt and words that I should really listen to and take to heart.

I'm amazed and blown away by this crazy thing called life and how much mine has changed dramatically in the last four years. I'm excited to see how the next four years go.

Over and out. Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment