Friday, March 9, 2012

Kony 2012

Last night I was on my computer and all I kept seeing was criticism and attacks against the Kony 2012 campaign. I felt weird, for lack of a more intelligent word, my heart felt heavy and I honestly didn't know what to say or think. It's a cause that I truly believe in but so many people, who have opinions that mean a lot to me, are against it and I couldn't answer a lot of the questions they had.

I saw a picture that confused me, I read about statistics that threw me for a loop and I was begging for answers. So I turned to the only one who always can supply my needs, I prayed a prayer asking God to help me feel more level headed about this. I wanted to feel more secure in where I stand and I wanted all of my questions to be answered.

I'm amazed and so glad to say that today I read a statement released by Invisible Children addressing all of the criticism and the questions. I immediately felt at peace, it was like God saw my tears and heard my prayer and helped me to see that my heart really is in the right place.

I'm discouraged by the people who are so against this but then again I'm encouraged by the thousands of people that are standing next to me. All of the people that won't forget the faces or won't let their minds block out the cries.

If there's a chance that we can do something then I would like to do something. Call me crazy, call me naive or call me a small fire burning brightly, call me an activist call me human. Whatever you decide to call me, regardless if you agree with the cause or not I hope you're encouraged by the amount of people that came together for a common goal.

Be the change. Kony 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment