Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We make the difference...

"As it gets dark in this house of hallways and no corridor leads to the stairs."

Today I felt like I was working towards something bigger than me. I was reminded of the six months I spent in Up With People, the six months of my life so for that I felt most alive.

I choreographed a piece today and it was beautiful. It's a part of my senior project and it's going to be filmed and shown at my event on April 23rd. I'm so nervous for people to see it, I've been called a few times a rebel without a cause because of my involvement with the Kony 2012 movement, I don't care what people think.

My piece is not only an effort for continued awareness about the LRA and what they're doing to children but it's also wishful thinking in a sense on my part. The second half of the piece depicts the child soldiers as having received their freedom and liberty, something that I hope happens by the end of the year.

Hope is such a beautiful thing. It births so many projects and propels people towards common goals. Even when it comes to something like this where, you can't really see how the end is going to come about. I continuously wake up in the morning hoping to read an article saying that Joseph Kony has been captured, but until that day comes I continue to wake up hopeful.

Hope. It's another one of those four letter words that has so much depth to it.

"Oh I'm hopeful, yes I am...hopeful for today."

No comments:

Post a Comment