Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm begging you to be my escape....

Right leg, left leg, one in front of the other a swift movement to help propel you to a destination. Or maybe, movement that takes you around a circular track, you end right where you began and somehow you feel accomplished.

I run. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a runner, but I run. I do it for myself, for my health, for my legs. I do it to feel alive. There are times where I need an escape from the world around me, so I lace up my shoes and head out the door. Earphones ready to be placed into my ears and my workout playlist set to shuffle.

Being a Christian I've often heard peoples criticism saying that God should be your only escape, but who's to say that God isn't in the gravel I run on and inside the legs I use to move. God gave me running, he said "This girl needs to run." God knew that I'm the kind of person that instantly feels the need to run away from problems but never does. Instead I just go for runs, I clear my head and then I tackle the problem head on.

Running is more than jut exercise for me, it's my sanity. I feel the need to run right now, but it's 11:35pm and it's not an option for me right now. I ran this afternoon and even though the park was filled with people I felt alone. I felt alone and free. I'm often alone, but never lonely. I'm going to run tomorrow after my last class and when I'm done I might start over and go farther,until peace comes over me and I feel free.

.....Goodnight folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment