Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rain..

When I was a little girl I remember that right before a storm when the sky was dark and it looked as if the flood gates could open at any minute my mom would give us a proposition.

She would tell us to try and run out to the fence and back to the house before it started to rain. As silly as it sounds we always would do this with our mother. Sometimes she would run with us and other times she would just stand on the back porch and laugh as we tried to touch the fence and get back into the house.

I'm not sure what reminded me of that just now but I sure do miss those days. Feeling so alive with my siblings, the sky dark and the smell of rain lingering heavy in the air and we're just running, not a care in the world.

A lot of people run from storms but when I was younger I ran towards them. I think it played a large part in the way that I live my life now. I love thunderstorms and I love a lot of other things that people don't really like. That may be why my siblings and I are very adventurous and are open to trying and doing new things.

I want to go back to my old house so that I can wait for a thunderstorm and run again. Wind in my hair, the smell of rain in my nose, and my childhood ringing in my ears, it would be so nice. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment