Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My feet will thank me...

I think my feet will thank me the day I retire my running and dancing shoes.

At school, in a great semester, the majority of my time is spent dancing. When I'm at home, in a non lazy break, the majority of my time is spent running. I've written so many things about the way that dancing makes me feel that I won't even go into that, but running....

I love to run..I wish I could use a bigger...more college supported word to describe the way I feel about it, but honestly I just love to run. Running makes me feel strong, it makes me feel like I can do anything in the entire world.

When I dance I use it to to express all the things that I'm feeling emotionally, but when I run, I forget EVERYTHING. When I run all I think about is my breathing,inhale, exhale, repeat, and my feet hitting the ground... right, left, repeat.

I haven't gotten a chance to run since before I went to Ocean City on Friday but I plan to do it tomorrow. I plan to go to the gym, jump on the treadmill and zone out. I plan to forget everyone around me and how fast they may be running.

I plan to forget the things that I don't want to remember, I plan to run. Running is hard on my knees but freeing to my mind, it's works against the hard work I put in at dance, but it makes me happy.

I can't explain a lot of the things that I do and say, I can't explain a lot of the mistakes I've made in life, or why certain things can immediately break my heart. But I can explain why I run...it's a simple explanation that involves inhales, exhales, lefts, and rights and a thousand repeats.

Over and Out. Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment