Sunday, June 6, 2010

I am the captain of my fate...

Take a number and then sit down

Get in line

but don't make a sound

comment cards are to the left...

Pens to the right

write as much as you like

M A G L O I R E make sure you spell it right

You've all come to plan my future

To tell me how I should live

You've marked out my future

Every pitfall and success

You've picked out all my outfits

and the accessories to match

As soon as your done writing

Fold your notes and put them in your pockets

I'm not accepting any criticism today

So I hope you all came prepared to listen

I will not succumb to your pressure

Or to the things that you say I should do

I will not be just like everyone else

Or talk and act the way that they do

I will laugh at inappropriate times

And get irritated and unmanageable when I'm hot and hungry

I will wear shoes that are to high

And cry about boys that I shouldn't

I will run in the mornings

And then dance my heart out at night

I will pray to God for answers

And then trust that he'll work it all out in tough times

For those of you who may be lost

I'm saying that I only answer to myself

I make the choices that I want

And I also face the consequences that some of those choices leave me with

But I'm the one that has to live this life

I'm the one that will be happy or unhappy

I choose to be happy

I choose to not be smothered

I choose to date who I please

I choose to marry whoever I want

I choose to watch movies that came out before my time

I choose to cry over John Mayer songs

I choose to text boys that I shouldn't

And I choose to not listen to you.

I am the captain of my fate I decide where I go and where I end up. God gives me choices and I'm the one that ends up making the decisions. Don't tell me what I'm going to do, because I'll turn around and tell you what I am not going to do. This is my life and I DECIDE how it goes.

Over and Out. Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment