Monday, June 7, 2010

The eye of the storm

I'm a branch
A single branch on a tree deeply rooted
I'm a petal
On a flower just beginning to bloom
I'm a single blade of grass
In a beautiful green back yard
I'm an eye lash
On the eyelid of an eye glancing at the world for the first time
I'm a page
In a book that was just opened
I'm a person
in a world full of unique identities

Do you ever get to the point in your life where you see how small you are compared to the rest of the world. I got that feeling the other day, I was in my room, and it was storming so bad. The wind was blowing hard and rain was beating down on my window pane, and I felt so small. I felt like I was alone in the eye of a storm. I felt appreciative, I began to appreciate the fact that God has watched over me so. I am just one person, one, out of all the hundreds of thousands of millions of people on this earth, yet God has never left my side. He has never failed to watch over and protect me and guide me through life, I'm so thankful. He's such a great God. If I had ten thousand tongues I wouldn't be able to thank him enough for all the things that he's done for me. Thank you!

Thankful--Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment