Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in focus

I'm zooming in on me trying to make you a blur
You're forgettable
At least that's what I told you when I left
You're my past
Even though I thought you'd be my future
I'm a woman scorned
I'll admit I'm bitter
I showed you all of my scars
I explained to you every wound
But instead of doing your best to be gentle
You added to my already full collection
"I'm a man among boys." you told me
All your lines won my heart
I melted like butter from the fire that you lit in me
Now I'm burned
Charred beyond recognition
Thanks for the memories
Though they haunt my every dream
I'm incomplete
You were the puzzle that made me whole
And I'm a liar
How could you ever believe that you're unforgettable to me
You were my everything
And now I'm left with nothing
I wanna go back to the life we had
I wanna go back to being a blur
and continue living the life in which...
You were my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment