Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Virginity

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to look up quotes about love. Sometimes I write them down in my inspiration book or I write them on post it notes and post them around my dorm. Today my search for love quotes sparked my curiosity and I started looking up quotes about virginity and I must say I'm extremely disappointed.

I'm saddened by the fact that so many people in the world make a joke out of something that I've protected for 20years and hold so dearly to my heart. I don't know if people realize that whenever you have sex with someone, you become attached to them forever. Sex is a much deeper spiritual connection than most realize. To me my virginity has always been something that no matter what I would wait and give it to a special person.

In my case I believe that the only person who is special enough to take my virginity is my husband on my wedding night. I've never condemned people who have had sex before marriage and I never will, but continually people bombard me with questions about my decision. They ask me how I fight temptation and how I've made it this long and honestly I know that without God I never would have been able to do it.

Also people try to convince me that sex really isn't that serious and it's the best thing in the world so I have to try it, but I really don't. It's a priceless gift to be a virgin, and it's a gift that once you give it away you can't take it back. I want my gift to be special and preserved for my husband and I'm 100% ok with waiting. It feels really good to hear about celebrities and people who are also saving themselves for marriage like Tim Tebow, and the Jonas brothers. I always think to myself, now if celebrities can resist the temptations, and not have sex, than you can too. I can do it and with Gods help I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment