Monday, December 19, 2011

Life after..

So I've been home for almost a week now and I'm still having a hard time adjusting. Life after Up With People is so difficult to manage, but I think I'm doing pretty well.

I keep reminding myself that I just need to be patient, I need to give my future six months and after that I'm free to go wherever I want. Just six months and then I can go back to Up With People, move to Denver or do whatever I want really.

Lately I've been really thinking hard about my future and what I want and I know I can't stay in Pennsylvania. It's just not the place for me anymore and I used to think that New York was where I needed to be but I don't think that's the case either. I'm just not sure exactly what I want yet but I'm starting to filter out the things that I know that I don't want.

I want my life to be surrounded with people that make me a better person. I want to have a career that makes the lives of those that are less fortunate than I am better. I want to devote my life to those people that don't have the means to help themselves. Of all the great things I got in my time with Up with People one thing would definitely be that I love helping others and I could see myself working for an organization that helps others for the rest of my life.

Whether it be Toms shoes or Up with People or something that I start myself I want to do things to make this world better. I know that I can do it and even more I know that I will do it. I just have to be patient with this little bit of time that I have left in college because I know I'll miss it when it's over. I need to enjoy every second of it and when it's over...then I'm out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment