Monday, February 7, 2011

Reflection

I'm trying to find my reflection
and stop breaking mirrors
What I see
Isn't me
I'm a vampire
When I look in the glass I don't see myself
Instead I see the faces of those around me
Those who influence me
They become me
And I become
Nothing
I'm easily influenced
To say the least
I water the seeds they plant
And those seeds become their thoughts
Flourishing beautifully in my brain
I'm a child
Bound by the pressures of their friends
I'm brain dead
Or at least I might as well be
I think I'd rather be friendless
The have friends that control me
I'm suffocating
Under the weight of the things they push on me
I miss my own face
The contours and blemishes
That made me who I am
I'm trying to find my reflection
Cause I don't have the strength to keep breaking mirrors
Can't you see
My hands are bleeding
They're red
And I'm tired
Or pretending to be something that I'm not
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who am I?
And what am I becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment