Friday, October 8, 2010

Wrote this two years ago.

When did you know you loved me?
I asked not sure of what reply I would receive
but earnest to know what actions
turned his like into love and his fancy into adoration
When did I know he asked?
From the first day I saw you I think
actually I know, that's definitely when I knew
From the first day?
But we were at a picnic and me and you barely spoke
I said doubting every word he was saying
No that may be the first time you saw me
But I saw you a year before
You were in store in a rush I assumed
Hair in a pony tail
stray strands falling in your face
you had glasses on
Green if I remember clearly
And when they began to fall down your face
You pushed them up carefully with your middle finger
You had on a save the earth T-shirt
with blue jeans and chucks
You know the pink ones I love so much
At one point you looked my way
And I thought I was gonna faint because
For a minute I didn't breathe
But you must of looked through me cause
I never caught your eye
As you walked past me I noticed a small scar on your forehead
and a wall around your heart
I thought man that girl would make any guy happy
But I doubt she'll ever trust a man
Her heart is scarred and burned
I can tell by the way she stands
She could have any one she wants
But the last things she's looking for is a man
I fell in love with your pain
and the idea that I could make it go away
I know exactly when I knew a loved you
It was the moment I knew that I would be the only man
To make you love me back
And even though it was a year and a half later
When we had our first date
If you would of asked me when I dropped you off
If I loved you then
I wouldn't of hesitated to answer cause I already knew
I've loved you from the first day I saw you
And every day since

No comments:

Post a Comment