Friday, October 8, 2010

Two years

Two years ago, I was not as wise as I am now. Two years ago, I was naive to the world, and the way that things and people can hurt you. Two years ago I trusted easy and loved easier. Two years ago, I was different, I'm a completely different person then I was two years ago. I was happier two years ago because I was still caught up, lost, in the innocence that I thought the world had to offer me.

Now I'm aware that life is hard, and that you have to work for everything that you want. Now I appreciate things more because I realize how easily people can come in and out of your life. Now I see that people don't always have your best interest at heart, and that you should watch who you trust.

Two years ago, I thought that my parents could give me anything at the drop of a hat. Now, I know what it's like to struggle and I realize that my parents, are only human and I shouldn't expect to much from them.

Now I still look at the world with eyes of optimism and a brain filled with hopes and dreams. I still believe that I can be anything that I set my mind too, and I believe that if I work hard enough that I will be successful one day. Two years ago, I thought that my future would just fall into my lap.

Two years ago I thought that the first guy that I ever met and started talking too, would be the man that I would marry. Two years ago I was wrong. Now I realize that men can be flaky, and I should uphold my standard and not fall for a guy that's not worth my time.

Two years ago, I was young and naive and silly. Now I'm young, and still silly, but more aware of what's in the world, and how I need to protect myself but most importantly my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment