Friday, October 8, 2010

Happiness

Happiness
a nine letter word
A word that is so easy to say but yet means so much
True Happiness what is that about
Is true happiness driving nice cars and wearing expensive clothes
Living in a big house....with a lot of empty rooms
Is happiness crying to yourself at night
Sad that your alone
No true happiness is harder to explain then these things
It's when you can look in the mirror
and finally accept what you see
It's when you can step on a scale
and are not disgusted by the numbers that appear
True happiness
is walking down the street with your head held high
Not afraid of what others people will think
True happiness is the sense of reassurance you feel
knowing that God is always watching over you
True happiness is in the eyes of a young couple in love
A young child playing at a park
and a preacher preaching a word of redemption
True happiness is in the words highlighted in red in Luke
and the stories explained so well in Genesis
True happiness is attained when you realize
That you will never truly be happy without God
That a life without the Saviour of this world
is like a life without air..it's unimaginable
Happiness is found when you can sit in your room and pray
Giving all your cares unto the Lord
and walk away knowing they'll be taken care of
I write about this happiness because
I finally believe I've found it
A deeper relationship with God is what I seek
and knowing that he loves me so much
That he sent his son to die for me
Heals all my hurts
Fills every void
and wipes away every tear
I don't know how I made it without you
Your my best friend
and my father
Your my lover
and my mother
your my shoulder to cry on
and my voice of reason
yes a life without God is definitely like a life without air
and As I take in a deep breath I realize that
Finally I can start to breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment