Sunday, September 19, 2010

This heart

My heart is lost
Sometimes I try to find it but my efforts always fail
My heart is a child
Left alone in an amusement part searching for their parents
My heart is black
It's an empty abyss

I wish I could fully describe my heart
I wish I could talk about it's features
Explain the contours and facets but my memory fails me
My heart was youthful
But I imagine that my heart is old now

I don't remember when I had my heart last
It was large and it was bright and it would beat loud
It was full and it was cheerful and it was once cherished
My heart was warm with the love I once knew
So warm that I can sometimes still feel it's warmth

My heart is lost
It's alone somewhere in this dark world
In the arms of one whom was found to be unworthy
It's probably battered
It wouldn't surprise me if it were also scarred

My heart is a glass half empty
I thought he'd be the one to fill me up
My heart is a weed waiting to be pulled
My heart was the sun but now it's the moon
Destined to always be the lesser version of what it used to be
My heart is a womb left barren
My heart is empty
It's a shame, my heart is left empty and lost
I hope he enjoyed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment