Sunday, September 26, 2010

Devin my stinky face


So I've done this every year since I started school, and this year will be no exception. Tomorrow is my nephews 7th birthday and I can't believe he grew up so fast. I seriously remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.

I remember the first time I ever saw his beautiful little face through the glass while he was in the hospital. I remember when I used to baby sit him all the time when he was a baby and my sister would have to work. I remember when he couldn't tie his shoes and I had to stuff his huge adorable feet into his shoes.

I remember when he first started talking and when he started walking around the house. I remember when we taught him how to go down the stairs so that he wouldn't fall and hurt himself. I remember when he used to give me kisses every single day when he came home from the baby sitter, and when I had to pick him up all the time because his little legs couldn't keep up with mine.

I remember the first time his innocent little mouth produced an awful word and we had to pop him. I remember the time he learned how to ride a bike and he thought he was the coolest thing since the Jackson 5.

Holy Moly his birthday is literally in 22 minutes and I'm excited, sad and filled with disbelief all at the same time. I really wish I could be with him, and that I could wake him up and sing happy birthday to him.

I just love him so so so so much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment