Thursday, November 8, 2012

And from your lips, she drew the hallelujah.

"I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord. But you don't really care for music do you?"

I'm currently in a room at a school in Mexico, watching our cast, cast B 2012 as they prepare for a really cool session that we're going to be having in a few weeks. I've found that these people inspire me so much more than I realize.

When I was a student in Up With People last year, one of the staff members told me that the only reason he continued to do this job was because of the students. He told us that we were the only reason that he came into work every morning and that we were his inspiration. At the time I thought it was so sweet but I didn't get it, now I get it.

As I look around this room at all of the smiling and concentrated faces. The people who have head phones in their ears and are listening to music. The group of ladies huddle together in a circle around words on a piece of paper trying to come up with something that will stand for the cast.

I'm so inspired by them and all of the things that we continue to do together as a group. They're the reason why I love this job so much. I love the people that we get to interact with everyday but the fact that I get to spend each day with them, is pretty special.

I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment