Sunday, September 30, 2012

Country Transition

The last week has been so much easier than I thought it would be. I'm currently in an office in Taiwan filled with Acer computers, next to the orphanage that I'm currently living in with my co workers. I think that it's safe to say that anyone would understand if I was going through some serious culture shock, but I'm not.

Or I guess I shouldn't just say that I'm not, but if I am, than I'm not consciously examining it right now. I won't say that I'm perfect and that I'm not feeling a little bit different than I usually do, but I'm definitely not in my panic or distress zone.

My cousin got married and I missed it and that makes me a little sad. Seeing the pictures online kind of bummed me out because I wasn't there for him but I know that this is where I should be, so I won't complain.

Our first day in Taiwan we stayed at this super cool temple and I felt like I was in a movie and since then, the cast has just been experiencing all of these super cool things. The people here are so nice too, they're so giving and understanding of things and I appreciate their kindness so much.

Whenever I'm in these countries I find myself very conflicted and confused internally. Some of these people live so differently than I live at home and one would almost argue that they're living in borderline poverty, but they're so happy. So unbelievably happy and I wonder if they're doing something right. Have they discovered one of the keys to happiness? Living simplisticly? I'm not sure.....I don't even know if simplisticly is a word but I'm going to continue using it.

I'm happy right now, I really am, but I just don't feel like myself and I'm not really sure why. I feel like there is something that is different inside, something missing again. Ughhh I'm reluctant to use the word missing, missing is such a strong word when used in this context so I use it very lightly. I love my job and if I could be anywhere else I would still choose to be here, but something is off. I'm not sure exactly what yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment