Monday, September 24, 2012

Ahoy mateys, I spot Taiwan ahead!

In about twenty four hours I'll be in a completely different place, literally a whole new world and man am I excited. I'm currently on a bus with half of Cast B'12 headed to NYC to begin the process of checking in and getting ready for our flight.

So I figured I should do a little country transition for myself and write down some of the things that I've learned these past few weeks about myself and just about anything.

Recently I learned that it's okay to be friends and reach out to people who have different personalities than I do. I've been so comfortable in the way that a lot of my friends are very outgoing and friendly and we're a lot a like. But here in uwp life there are so many people that are completely different than me that it would literally be a pity if I didn't branch out and get to know more people even though it's kind of out of my comfort zone.

I think that it's just so easy for me to be able to hang out with people that are like me, but this actually forces me to be more outgoing and adventurous when I talk to people who are different. So that's something that I'm challenging myself to do and I'm hoping that I do a good job at it.

Another thing that I learned is that sometimes when you're trying to learn about other people you end up learning the most about yourself. That's been such a crazy concept to me because by asking questions and starting to dig deep in someone else's personality you see the things that are parallel to your beliefs and it's such a cool experience.

Ughhh now that I actually want to write everything down my brain is blanking on what I've made. I may not be able to recount everything but I definitely feel it, and I know that something is different somewhere and I like it.

I have always been a sucker for life and now I'm just head over heels for what life is bringing me and how God has been allowing me to bless and be blessed by those around me. Ahoy, Taiwan awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment