Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thee Cemetery...

So today I found it, thee Cemetery, the one that will hopefully be the place that my life changes. My host family took my room mate and myself to Boston today and we went to the cemetery where John Hancock was buried and I fell in love immediately.

Since I was little I've always had a thing for cemeteries. The place where I used to get tutored was surrounded by a cemetery and I went there with my siblings once a week for years and something about it just stuck with me. My friends and I would play between the tombstones and hang out there and read about the different people and it never seemed like a creepy place at all.

Once I got older and I went through that phase that most girls go through, I started to think about the place that I would want to be proposed too and the first thing that popped into my mind was a cemetery. There's something really appealing to me about the idea of starting a really large chapter in your life in a place where some people's lives have been put to rest.

I've only told a few people this fantasy of mine and most of them think that it's pretty weird but, I don't know, I think that it's perfect. The cemetery that we went to today, was so gorgeous. All of the tombstones and grave markers were super old, and some of them were illegible. It was pretty tiny and maybe had about 150 graves in it.

When I was getting ready to leave, I saw this tree towards the front of the cemetery off of the path and I immediately got chills. I couldn't help but think that if I could have my dream proposal that it would be in that cemetery under that tree.

I walked away from that place feeling as if I had a glimpse into the future. As if I had seen that part of my life flash before my eyes, the man of my dreams proposing to me in a place that until today I thought didn't exist. I  mean, I always wanted to be proposed to in a cemetery but I never thought it would ever happened until today. When I was on that brick pathway and I was staring up at that tree, I felt like everything came together and for once my plans made a deal with reality and said "we'll give her this one."

I'm sure that I may sound a little silly but there are a few things in life that mean a whole lot to me and this is definitely one of them. Fingers crossed, wishing on a star....that cemetery under that tree. The answer will be yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment