Monday, August 6, 2012

If it's not like the movies...

I don't want it all...I don't need the horse and buggy or a ring the size of my face worth millions, I don't want the fairy tale happy ending. That's stupid. Well to me it is and that's probably not a very mature word to use but I'm ok with that.

I want passion that starts in my eyes and burns its way down to my toes. I want to argue and then laugh about how stupid we're being.

I don't want to find my better half, I'm already whole. I want to be united with that other whole person that feels complete and in spite of that, still wants to be around me, all the time. Yeah, that's what I want.

I think it's easy to fall in love and stay with someone, when you think that they complete you. Why would you want to break up with someone and then feel like you're missing half of yourself, for the rest of your life, that would suck, so yeah, I get that.

But I think it's even harder to feel like you're whole, and that you're absolutely happy with things but yet you still want to welcome someone else into your life. You don't need them, but you want them. Yeah, I like that a lot.

I don't want to feel like I need to have someone around to be happy, I would instead want them around to add to my happiness. Two happy people coming together to be happier, instead of two unhappy people searching for each other with the hope of being happy one day.

Yeah, no. I don't need prince charming, or Mr. Big, that's not for me.

 This weekend I went to this absolutely adorable cabin in the middle of the woods and it's a bed and breakfast. I had such a nice breakfast and when we started to head out the first thing I thought was "I want to come here for my honeymoon."

That thought seriously shocked me because that's never what I saw for myself. I always thought that I would want to go to some exotic place, but instead my heart cried out for this gorgeous cheap cottage in the middle of the woods.

So I guess that's what I want, a cute little cottage with the love of my life, nothing fancy, just the two of us eating eggs benedict and falling deeper in love. That sounds pretty nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment