Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Your beautiful mind

A dream of mine-

I want to perform one of my poems....in front of a room full of people. A room filled to the brim with my peers.

I want to write words that will chase them and trace the outlines of their ears before it fills them.

I want to plant a seed

That grows into the biggest sunflower

a flower that shines so bright that it's named after the brightest light in the universe.

I want to whisper logic

Words that are so highly valued that the room grows eerily silent as all ears ache for my words.

I want the words that took an hour to write and days to perfect, to fall out of my mouth in minutes

Into the laps of onlookers

Hoping that their expectant glances won't soon turn into disappointed frowns

A dream of mine

would be to shake a few powerful hands with the fingerprints of my ideas.

To hand them a problem and beg them to find it's solution.

To mix my passions with theirs and guide them to brighter concepts

A poem that's more than just words on a page

Or ideas of a lost, hopeless romantic soul

But instead the thoughts of a person overwhelmed with passion

Caught in a naive bubble of a sugar filled earth

Yes

A dream of mine would be to share myself with that room

Ask them to cup their hands around their ears to make sure no words slip by

I'd cry before I went on stage knowing that this was it

A dream come true

A moment where the future was meeting the present and I was caught in the whirlwind

I'd tell them to close their eyes at the end

So we all felt it together

The love and loss of a dream fulfilled

My work.

Their ears.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment