Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh, people.

"But what are you going to do after Up With People?"

The question I always seem to get, from family members, host families, friends from home....what after? 

I find it hard to answer that question sometimes, but then something happens and I'm reminded of what I burn for. What really sends me over the brim with passion. 

I love people. I think it's safe to say that I am uncontrollably and truly passionate about people. Helping people, caring for people, loving people....I was put on this earth to be there for people. But in that passion come the confusion of how exactly I can use my love for people to fuel and guide the rest of my life. 

So clearly God embedded this deep love for people in my life for a reason, so what is that reason? Yeah, I'm working on figuring that part out. The best part is, is that I don't feel lost, not at all...instead I feel as if I'm at the beginning of a road that's leading me to something really incredible. 

It's really hard to describe how I feel about my future right now, fulfilled, secure, loved...those words are just the tip of the iceberg to the emotions and thoughts that are surging through me. And it's the weirdest feeling because I have literally no idea what I'm going to do in the future or how it's all going to work out, but for some reason, one big reason, faith....I just know that it all will and I'm not worried at all. 

People say that life happens when you're busy making plans, I guess I'm lucky that I haven't gotten that far yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment