Saturday, February 23, 2013

Award Season

"After you it stops," he said

With a coffee in his hand and a grin on his lips

Your the last one for me

The last lips that will ever touch mine

"After you it stops."

But instead it didn't and somehow we did

And the promise turned into sentences that reminded me of the pain

And the looks that felt like heaven now burn like acid rain

"Because of you, I'll straighten up," he said.

As he walked in....late again.

"You'll make a man out of me."

But instead nothing was made

And the picture stayed the same

 and the only thing that changed was the frame

I think I may be to blame

I'm a reflection of the mistakes I've made and the ones I choose

And you're the example of all that went wrong

When I thought I found a good one.

Maybe..
Possibly...
Do you think?

That in the end you realize that it was all just a test

And the lies were lines of a script to an Oscar winning play...

And your tragic ending was the plot that won.

Maybe congratulations are in order instead of a slew of "I'm sorry."

Keep your sympathy at bay and instead hand me a band aid

And a pat on the back

"I hope this never ends," He said.

I replied, "it probably will."

One of us was right


No comments:

Post a Comment