Sunday, January 13, 2013

To my future him...

There will be fireworks and if there's not I'll create them. You should fill me. Fill me to the brim with the light that floods your pores. I'm wide awake, with my heart unzipped and my brain on pause. Who are you? What am I? This is real and in your eyes I die. The part of me that was burned and scarred has become the part of me that's healed and smooth.

I'll breathe you in and make you into everything you're supposed to be. You're the grass and the root of the oldest trees in the whole entire world. At times I think you're infinite and if life allows it, I hope we're laid to rest at the same time so we don't have to live without it.

We're the frame to a painting that has been done since the dawn of time. How neat is it that this has been in the works for centuries? I'll apologize and grow with you and wait until your done talking before I interject and that's a lie because I interrupt to try and connect. We'll mold together like two balls of clay on a potters wheel.

It's like the sun, except when I stare directly at it, instead of it burning me, it consumes me and sucks me into the heat of it's perfection. I'll quote for you the lines that make me weap saying "if people are rain, then I'm drizzle and you're a hurricane," And you say that's impossible because if you're a hurricane than you and I are the same.

I'm one soul, inside this vessel, being invited to this.....this sweet divinity that claims us and calls us to live for something more than ourselves. This is it. The rise without the expected fall. You're it. The one who calls my name and even if I'm not within ear shot my heart answers. Could this be it? Hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment