Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Riddle me this...

And when you look in between the lines you'll fine the cracks were just a part of me

And that every little blemish affects who I want to be

And that all that's left is all that there will ever be and all that's here is all I'm capable of being

You'll find that my face is a canvas and his words were the brush

And these expressions that are left are the masterpieces he painted with his heart shut and his eyes diverted

Like a popsicle sitting in the sun....melting.

You'll find that though I'm sweet the goodness can fade when left unattended

So I'll tend to myself and put the frozen delight in the freezer

So that the person it's meant for can enjoy its goodness and not it's aftermath

I really, really like you

Soo I'll pretend to be someone I'm not so that I can be sad when you don't like the fake me compared to crushed when you leave the real me

Crumbs fall under the table and the cats go wild

For the taste of dinner as it falls from the napkins that wipe the mouths of the undeserving

It's a riddle and the answer is so commonplace that it's always overlooked

Love yourself first and the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment