Friday, January 25, 2013

I said I was going to write....

And I said....I'm going to write a love song.
But instead I wrote a poem and I cried until it made sense and welled up in my stomach.

I said, today, I'm going to be a vessel
 open and filled with all these secrets
 and instead I was a smile and stored away feelings.

I'm a popcorn kernel, unpopped.

A box of cereal unopened

A strawberry in an empty field....

rain is soothing but tears are abusing

I will never be too good
 but I am good enough and not saying words, leaves feelings and hearts broken.

I find sanctuary in difficulty and I fear the unfamiliarity of this kind of happiness.

I said I was going to write a love song and then I didn't

I knew if I started I just wouldn't finish...and like everything else on this topic, it'd be something that bothered me and left me unfocused.

Fuck you and your games I say to my fickle heart

And I smash it between my own hands instead of letting it get crushed between the hands of another

Tic, tac toe.and I win you lose.......except really we both lose and no one wins

I'll hold my own hand and take care of myself, because that's what people like me do

Sticks and stones don't break my bones and from the looks of things words don't hurt me

I hate you....more than I've ever hated anything in this whole world

But in my mind it's opposite day and hate means every word I should have said but never did

I said I was going to write a love song
 but instead I wrote an obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment