Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Frustration

Have you ever been so frustrated that you don't know whether to scream or to cry. You don't know if you should pray or crawl into a whole somewhere until everything gets better.

That was how I felt this morning. I got so frustrated with myself and my teacher that I didn't know what to do with myself. Once I left my lesson I cried until my eyes hurt.

I try so hard to be so involved in college, actually all of the administration and professors push that on you. They tell you to be involved in plays, clubs and honor societies..do as much as you can they say.

Then they come back and tell you that you're spreading yourself too thin. That you have to devote your time to one thing, how can you be good at anything when you keep trying to do everything.

It's absolutely exhausting being a college student. I'm a Junior and I have over 20 credits, but I'm also a student Ambassador, Vice President of the comm honor society, member of the dance honor society, I have my own dance piece I'm involved in other pieces and a senior project, throw voice lessons in there and I'm planning my own senior project while being editor of the paper, business manager, working and trying to raise money for my travel abroad.

Now I listed that all out to say that I'm doing a lot right now and honestly I love it. I love being busy and having lots of things to do but sometimes I feel like I don't give the important things enough attention. I haven't been able to find a good balance, but I hope I do soon.

I'm frustrated with myself because I know that I'm doing a lot....but I don't know how you do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment