Friday, April 2, 2010

silhouettes

I'm searching for silhouettes
Silhouettes, that may be found in between the tear ducts in my eyes
I'm searching for components
components of a wide machine of sanity
a sanity that transcends across gender lines
I'm looking for a solid ground that is shared by all
A type of common ground
A line has been drawn
A truce is out of the question
This is the place where you either bow out
or give in and change what you're fighting for
I'm looking for a certain silhouette
it'll be bigger than my eyes can process
it'll be strong but yet weak enough to embrace me
I saw it once
out of the glimpse of my eye
but when I turned to face it I found myself alone
There's no white flag for me to raise
No letter to send
saying here I am, I'm giving in
Maybe there's a deeper meaning to this
Or here's hoping that there is
I must say hand well played
I'd like to think it was just a flesh wound
but let's be real
I have yet to locate a silhouette
That reflects everything the main man is
Silhouettes and broken things, they fill up all my empty dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment