Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gratitude.

I have come to terms with the fact that I don't deserve the things that I receive. I'm surrounded by beautiful people, in literally every single aspect of my life and I don't understand how this is realistic.

I wake up every morning and I breathe in the freshest air and as it fills my lungs and my brain processes being awake. I'm in awe...every moment that I'm alive I'm in awe of the fact that being alive is a blessing in itself but being alive and living the life I've lived, seeing the places I've seen, with the people I've been there with, my goodness I'm so undeserving.

This life is a privilege.It's not just something I deserve, like some entitled child instead it's something I've been blessed with despite my actions, my thoughts and at times my heart.

I could almost cry. As I sit here and think about it all, I could write books on the life that I probably deserve to have. Novels filled with words displaying what I'm actually entitled too, but instead I'm writing blogs and poems portraying this life. The life of a 24 year old, home schooled girl from Maryland, number six of seven children in her family, the dreamer that lacked follow through.

Yet, here I am. At the end of the day I'm just thankful and I hope I always remember where I came from so I can always appreciate where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment