Friday, June 21, 2013

Brims and fillers with love and dimmers...

So I'm over flowing. Literally busting at the seems....well not literally but.

I digress.

Today I woke up earlier than usual wanting to get more out of the day. I laid in bed for 20 minutes telling myself that though my bed felt unbelievably comfortable, getting up was the best option. I got up.

My stomach growled and I ate what seemed like the worst orange I've ever had. I finished it. Then I went to the gym and ran the worst three miles of my life, it was so hard and I felt like I struggled through the whole things. I didn't stop until I did three miles.

Later I came back and cleaned the the house and ate a salad that wasn't really that good, but I ate it anyway. Then I took a shower, read an entire book and watched two episodes of Cheers, then started another book and dined on it until my Mom came home.

I think that before the time where I learned to embrace every moment, I would have looked back on today and said that I had a pretty boring day. A day filled with menial things, but instead I felt like I had a full day, a day where I was able to expand my mind, feed my body as well as my soul.

Thinking about all the things that have happened in my life lately, to the people I love and even the crazy things that are going on in the world, I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy such a low key day. A day where I didn't have to think about where my next meal was coming from or how I was going to support my family and myself, like some people in the world had to do but instead I was just able to relax.

What a gift it is to be able to relax and not only go to the gym and read one book, but actually two books. In a few weeks, I'll go back to the hustle and bustle life of being an Education Coordinator in Up With People, and I'm so excited for the new cast. To meet them and help to guide them through one of the best experiences of my life so far.

But until then, I'm enjoying this. Staying up too late and waking up after 10. Being able to workout out in the middle of the day and then come home and lay on the couch with a charming book and a cup of hot tea ( I drink hot tea all year round.) As much as I love to travel and do things that are exciting, I so love just being at home and settling into this beautiful and relaxing life.

So yes, I am filled to the brim, with life and how even when I think it's slowing down to a boring pace, that's when I'm able to look around and soak up the beauty that is laced in everything around me.

Brims and fillers...love and dimmers.

Xoxo Nik.

No comments:

Post a Comment