Monday, March 18, 2013

More than words

I would like to read a wonderful poem

written by a wonderful person

on of a course a wonderful and breathtakingly beautiful day

But I wouldn't like to write something like that

Instead I would like to write myself into a poem

Fill it to the edges with passion and tears

And when I think it's finished, layer it over with adventure and fear

Then after it's been read through twice and backwards

I'll cover the corners with tape laced in stability

Then breathe the life of faith into it's pages

And run my fingers covered in naive ink over it's words

I'd let my friends hold it, leaving their essence in the empty places

And then I'd fold it crooked and leave a kiss on it's bends

Drop it on the ground

trip over it 0f course

Then put it in a bottle and set it off to sea

But not before I whisper inside a little things about me.

So that the person who finds it

Is flooded with the things of I

And when they read my words are lost in what I can be

They'll be immersed with one touch in the parts that make me

And I and them

Never having met

Will share the moment that makes us

Even for just a moment

us.

No comments:

Post a Comment