Thursday, March 21, 2013

If I could, I'd live in a song.

I'd sleep in it's melody

and spend my days in it's chords

I'd rewrite it's verses and laugh when the bridge no longer made sense

I'd treat it like a pair of shoes and wear it in

Singing it over and over again until it fit just right

Then I'd perform it

And let myself flood through speakers and into the ears of audience members

I'd pick an artist and decide to let them trademark me

If I could, I'd live in a song

And damn it I'd be a hit

But only to a certain crowd

The ones who see beyond the words and feel the soul

If I were a song

I'd be the kind that just hits people

The kind that grabs the gasp from the back of their throats and pulls it out

I'd the kind that evoked the kind of tears

that one had to choke back

If I could, I'd be a song

Played over and over in minds of those it's meant for.

No comments:

Post a Comment