Saturday, January 21, 2012

Food...

The best part of a meal is when you get to the last bite. You know it's all about to be over so you savor those last few bites, you make them count. Your brain has a discussion with your tongue and your taste buds agree on being extra sensitive so that you enjoy every single morsel. It's wonderful. I'm usually never disappointed by the last bite of food. Since I know that the end is near I can prepare myself for it, I make sure I'm ready and when it's over I'm satisfied.

Well there is just one exception to that, popcorn. Every single time I make a bag of popcorn in my room it seems like the end of the bag always finds a way to disappoint me. Unless I pour the popcorn out of the bag and put it in a bowl from the start, I'm left unsatisfied and feeling a little angry by the end.

Somehow I never see it coming. I'm preoccupied by something and my hand just keeps reaching in the bag with blind faith knowing that it'll come out filled with popped kernels. Until with no warning it comes back and there's not popped kernels in hand instead it's a half popped kernel that hurts your teeth when you bite it.

It's sad really, because popcorn is one of my favorite snacks and though it always leaves me feeling a little jaded I go back for more. I refuse to abandon my comfort food that has been with me for as long as I remember. I guess you can just call me a glutton for punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment